What I’m working on right now
Have a nosey at my current shenanigans…
Last updated: May 2017
- Immisceo: Taken is out now in ebook and paperback on Amazon. This is the first book in a new fantasy series and I had so much fun writing it. (I’m a little bit in love with Nate — which is surely a bit weird on multiple levels, given that he’s my creation but ah, well.)
- I’m currently drafting the second book in the series, Immisceo: Undone . The rate at which I’m currently writing is so slow that the Christmas tree will likely be out before this next book is. But it IS underway and I’m clinging to that fact like a desperate woman.
- I’ve begun brainstorming for two new standalone books. I’m actually so excited about these that I’m finding it hard to keep my head in the game for my current project. The two new books are also fantasy; the first is a mermaid/siren/pirate combo and the second will have lots of phoenix magic. Will be posting more about that soon.
- I’ve gotten a lot of reading done this month. I read the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo, A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, and The Scarlet Thread by Derek Murphy. I’ll be posting reviews on these soon so check them out here . The last two are both first books-in-series and I’m hoping to continue them all as soon as I can find a deeper pocket to dig into. 🙂
- Lastly, on the list of Things I’ve Been Doing… PROCRASTINATION. Yup. I got a fair bit of that done, too. It was so damn worth it though and I’ll tell you why in three words: Horizon Zero Dawn. If that means nothing to you, then you’re probably not a gamer. If you are, I highly recommend this PS4 action/adventure/sci-fi roleplay released in March. It has so much story and depth and beauty that I almost loathed the real world a little when I had to leave the game world behind.
Strong female characters are everywhere these days. Right? Perhaps. The Damsel in Distress has certainly screamed her last plea for help, and we hear a lot about Kick-Ass Females in both book and movie culture. But it seems to me that we all have a slightly different idea of what ...
Life is full of lessons. Unfortunately, there's no handbook. And let's be real: even if there was one, we probably wouldn't read it. We'd struggle along anyway, convinced that we know the ins and outs without the need for instructions, setting up our lives like it’s nothing more than a ...
Immisceo Release The first book in the Immisceo series is finally out! I absolutely loved bringing Luciana and Nate to life and I’m so excited to be able to share this story with you. The World of Immisceo has been a joy to create and I hope you’ll enjoy living ...